Saturday, November 1, 2014

That Time of the Year Again

Ready to go on a
Safari
I wasn't sure what to think when I first heard hoof steps outside my house the other night. My initial thought was that I had forgotten to set out milk and cookies, but after careful deliberation I realized that would've been about two months premature. And if those hoof steps weren't reindeer on my roof it could only mean one other thing. Halloween in Isla Vista. The arrival of mounted sheriffs and the emergence of chain-linked fences enclosing Isla Vista are all indicators that Halloween has come. In most places Halloween is considered to be a one night celebration,
Hangin with Jigsaw from
The Saw Movies!
however it's more like a week-long celebration in Santa Barbara. People were already throwing costume parties last weekend. I would never take back all the fun I've had spending my last few Halloweens in Isla Vista, but I'm happy to escape the chaos this year by getting out of town for the weekend. I'm glad to have experienced the notorious Halloween celebrations in IV, but living in the area during Halloween weekend definitely has its downsides. Especially with more midterms next week. Though it can be fun and also comical mingling with the thousands of people roaming the streets in costumes; it is an experience I would recommend any college student have at least once. However, for me it's become one of those "Been there. Done that." type of things that I'm ready to move on from. I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween weekend with an emphasis on the SAFE for those of you sticking around IV since the fun is already a guarantee!
Photo I Took of Isla Vista During Last Year's Halloween...
Soooo Many People!

No comments:

Post a Comment