Friday, October 24, 2014

Ending the Week on a Good Note

Nothing like ending a busy week with some kayaking! A few of my roommates and I grabbed some kayaks from the Excursion Club to catch the sunset from a view that's far less impacted than the typical cliffside view. After catching a stellar sunset we stayed on the water to try out the whole "night kayaking thing," unfortunately for us the moon was a no show tonight... I wouldn't recommend doing this without a full moon, as you can imagine it got kinda hard to see out there and kayaking gets a little tough when waves start creepin up on you. But none the less, still a cool experience!

You're probably wondering what type of place allows someone to just go ahead and "grab a kayak," but wonder no longer, the Excursion Club is the answer to this question and any other questions regarding getting equipment for essentially any outdoor activity. It's a student operated organization located in Isla Vista. Club membership costs $60 for an entire year, but it's well worth the price. In just a couple visits you get your moneys worth. This club allows people to check out basically anything and everything involving outdoor activities from kayaks, stand up paddle boards, rock climbing gear, camping equipment, snow gear, etc. you name it, they got it. They also offer an assortment of weekly activities including skydiving, sailing, yoga, sweet hikes, etc. etc. etc... And the best part is that you get all this for the flat rate of $60! I would recommend this club to anyone interested in outdoor activities.

Postscript: Reading this back made me realize how much I sound like a corny commercial spokesman, I kinda feel like the "ShamWow!" guy right about now... but I swear I'm not working for the Excursion Club. Just felt like I should inform more people on the cool things this area has to offer! 
Looking out over Sands Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment