Monday, October 20, 2014

Getting Funky on a Sunday

The Flyer I kept to Remember
 This Weekends Show
I finally got a chance to see one of my favorite artists this last weekend! Cherub performed in the Funk Zone District of downtown Santa Barbara for the annual Block Party this last Sunday. I missed the dynamic duo known as Cherub last time they were in the area so I'm glad to have finally seen them perform! And a performance is exactly what they gave the audience! This was also my first time attending one of these annual Block Parties. New Noise Music Fest transformed part of the Funk Zone District to host this all day music event that included various vendors, food trucks, and non-profit organizations to accompany the music. I've always wondered why it was called the "Funk Zone" but it didn't take long for me to figure it out. This area boasts an array of lively shops, restaurants, and bars that capture the hipster essence of Santa Barbara, making it the perfect venue to host Cherub's funky electro-pop beats. A successful Sunday to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment