Sunday, November 23, 2014

Where to Next??

One of UCLA's Lecture Halls
(Can't remember its name though) 
Last weekend the SBCC Honors Program and Transfer Center took a group of students down to UCLA for a transfer conference where I got to tour the school and hear from transfer counselors, admissions committee members, and some current students. All gave helpful advice to those interested in the school and in the process of applying. I also linked up with some friends of mine who recently transferred there to hear about their experience so far.

I'm currently in the process of apply to schools for Fall transfer. I originally planned to finish all my applications and personal statements during Summer to avoid the position I'm in now, scrambling to finish up my apps before the November 30th deadline. It sucks stressing over college apps while still trying to keep up with everything else that's going on. I recommend future applicants take care of their apps during summer like I had wanted to do, but unfortunately that's easier said than done.

Here's a list of all the in-state schools I'm applying to and the designated major:
- UCSB as a pharmacology major with an emphasis in neurobiology and behavior
- UCLA as a psychobiology major with a minor in either neuroscience or biomedical research
- UCSD as a physiology and neuroscience major
- UCB as a neurobiology major

I know, I know... I have a different major for every school I'm applying to; that's where things got a little complicated. Not all UC's offer the same majors so I chose each major based on the upper division courses I'd be taking at the given university.

I'm also applying to a few out of state schools, but I'm a born and raised Cali boy so it might be hard for me to leave this state behind even if it's only for a couple years. Luckily out of state apps aren't due for another couple months. Out of all the schools listed above I don't really know which is my number one; it tends to change like the weather (That is, non-California weather). But it's comforting to know that all of these schools are great options. I'm gonna have to do some serious thinking over these next few months to decide where I wanna go. Though I probably shouldn't get too far ahead of myself because I first have to get accepted. However, I believe SBCC has provided me with the experiences and education necessary to make me a competitive applicant for any school I apply to.
Another pic of UCLA's campus.
 Probably one of the most beautiful campuses I've visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment