Sunday, May 10, 2015

UCLA Bruin Day

Each tent had info on a particular club, campus resource, organization, department etc...
I may have lost an entire day of studying for finals, but yesterday I decided to drive down to UCLA for Bruin Day. This was an all day event designed to inform transfer students about the various resources and organizations that UCLA has to offer. There were multiple info sessions, faculty lectures, campus tours and Q&As with current UCLA students who were also transfers. Not only did I learn about some really great programs this school has to offer, but it was also really awesome meeting a bunch of other transfer students. I had been unsure about what to do for housing next year, but I finally made a decision after checking out my options and hearing from other transfer students. I decided to live in the transfer dorms next year for a few reasons: they are on campus so I'll be close to everything, and the dorms are also a great way to meet other transfer students. Overall, I'm really glad I went down there yesterday! I may have to pull some late nights studying to make up for lost time, but it's totally worth it. I also stopped by the campus store and decked myself out with some new UCLA gear! I'll most likely be sporting them around next time you see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment