Friday, May 8, 2015

Nerding Out

I can't believe I haven't blogged about this yet! I'm not sure if other people share the same excitement over whiteboards as I do (most likely not), but they're one of my favorite study aids. Unfortunately dry-erase boards can be expensive. So rather than spending a ton of money I found the next best thing. Home Depot has this white surface called "Thrifty White Hardboard Panel Board" that is only $15 for a 32 sq. ft. piece. I told them the dimensions I wanted and they cut it for me in the store. I used double stick velcro to hang a 4'X5' piece on one of my walls and I also lined the top of my desk with it, as you can see in the photo below. All this for a fraction of what it would've cost to get a name brand dry-erase board. I unfortunately couldn't find any photos, but when my whiteboards aren't covered with organic chemistry reactions my roommates never fail to draw or write something that provides comedic relief. 
My home desk. If you look close enough you can see my dead bonsai tree, airborne (can't be gettting sick with finals coming up), and several other random things. It's great having a desk that doubles as a whiteboard! 
A snapchat my friend took while I was measuring out the dimensions of my desk

No comments:

Post a Comment