Monday, March 2, 2015

Transfer Update!

The Inverted Fountain at UCLA
Now that my college apps for Fall 2015 transfer are submitted all I can do is stand by and wait to hear back from the schools I applied to; I should hopefully hear back by late April. I had originally planned on applying to several private and public schools across the country, but after further consideration that list of schools drastically shrunk. I couldn't justify paying out of state or private school tuition when there are awesome public schools in California (my home state) so I ended up crossing those off my list. Then it came down to deciding what in-state public schools I would like to transfer to. Since I'm wanting to get involved in undergraduate research I set my sights on one of the UC's. Out of all the Ca. Universities I ended up applying to UCLA and UCSB based on the programs offered for my desired major and the location of each school. I applied to UCLA as a psychobiology major and UCSB as a pharmacology major with an emphasis in neurobiology and behavior.

It's comforting to know that I'm guaranteed admission to UCSB because of the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program through SBCC. The TAG program ensures acceptance to a wide range of schools usually on the basis of GPA and the number of units completed. UCLA doesn't have a TAG agreement with SBCC, but by completing the SBCC Honors Program I became eligible for UCLA's Transfer Alliance Program (TAP). Being TAP certified grants me priority consideration for admission to UCLA in addition to a few other benefits. It's no guarantee but hopefully I've done what it takes to get admitted! I'll make sure to keep everyone updated on the status of my apps along with my decision process down the line...
Me Exploring the area around the UCSB Lagoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment