Saturday, March 7, 2015

Tea with a Professor


As Co-President of the SBCC Honors Program one of the new things my counterparts and I decided to implement this year was “Tea with a Professor.” This is an opportunity for students to sit down with one of the Honors Program professors and get to know them outside of the classroom. I should also mention that this is a great time to meet other students. In addition to snacks, the Honors Program also pays for students’ drink of choice from the Buzzshack (Tea is great and all, but I’m more of a coffee guy myself). This week, political science teacher, Dr. Manou Eskandari was the guest professor and in a couple weeks, philosophy professor, Dr. Marc Bobro will be joining us. Out of the many events the Honors Program hosts throughout the year this is one of my favorites! I would like to encourage interested students to check out all the great things this program has to offer. Here is the link to the website for anyone wanting to learn more about the 
SBCC Honors Program http://www.sbcc.edu/honors/.

Tea with a Professor meets at the West Campus Snack Shop 1-2 times a month. If you ever see me out there please stop by to say hello and join us for free drinks, snacks, and great conversation!
Last weeks Tea with a Professor with Dr. Eskandari 


No comments:

Post a Comment