Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Want to See Two SBCC Professors go Head to Head??

I usually blog about things I've already done, but today I'm gonna change it up and blog about something I'm going to be doing! Tomorrow afternoon (4/9/15) from 4:00-5:30 I'll be moderating a joint lecture/debate/Q&A/ between two SBCC professors in room PS101 (Physical Science Building on East Campus). Philosophy professor Marc Bobro and biology professor Blake Barron will be discussing/debating the Shifting Boundaries between biology and philosophy: think evolution, genetic modification, Darwin vs. Freud. This is the second ever Prof-Off hosted by the SBCC Honors Program and I'm glad to have had a role in making this event possible. It would be great to have as many people show up as possible so please stop by tomorrow if you're free! Questions from the audience are encouraged, and greatly appreciated by me since it will make my job as a moderator much easier! Hope to see you there! For more info on this event and future SBCC Honors Program events go to our website http://sbcchonorsprogram.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment