Sunday, September 21, 2014

Finding this pot of gold known as SBCC

Well here goes my first attempt at blogging! I'm exciting to give everyone reading an insider's look into the life of a college student living in the the beautiful Santa Barbara area!

View From SBCC's West Campus

I guess before I get too carried away with blogging I should probably fill you all in on a little bit about myself and how I stumbled upon this pot of gold known as Santa Barbara. My name is Austin Hunter and I've recently begun my third and final year here at SBCC. I'm originally from Santa Cruz, California so basically went from one beach to to the next... I think I have separation anxiety when it comes to being near a water. Coming out of high school, and now deciding which universities to apply to for transfer, all began with location. I figure in order to be happy at the school I'm attending I must first be happy with the area. That being said it wasn't a tough decision coming to SBCC especially considering the campus is literally on the beach, it is far enough away from home to have the sense of independence yet also close enough to drive back if I please (about 4.5 hour drive), and has high transfer rates for city college students.



360 Degree View of Santa Barbara
 From Rooftop of Old Santa Barbara Courthouse 



I'm currently taking the last sequence of my major prerequisite classes and general education classes in order to transfer for the 2015 Fall term as either a neuroscience or biochemistry major.

After living in the Santa Barbara area and being an active student on campus for the past two years I'm looking forward to sharing an insiders scoop on SBCC campus life and also the hidden treasures that this area has to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment